This problem is typically caused by Windows preventing Cashbook from accessing system resources. To fix it, simply right-click on the “Cashbook Complete” icon and choose “Run as Administrator”.
NOTE: If you’re using Version 5 on Windows 10, then you must upgrade to Version 6 because Version 5 is not supported on Windows 10 and you will continue to experience the problem until you upgrade.
If the problem is always happening, even after choosing “Run as Administrator”, follow these additional steps to disable “User Account Control” (UAC):-
- Click on the Windows “Start” button
- In the search box (on the Start menu), type in this: UAC
- Click the “Change User Account Control Settings” option when it appears
- On the “User Account Control Settings” screen, drag the slider to the lowest position, “Never Notify”
- Click “OK” to apply the changes
- Reboot your computer
This will disable “User Account Control” and should prevent “Runtime Error 70” from recurring.